permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Local Food Networks | Was: Dacha Movement: History and Effects In Russia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Local Food Networks | Was: Dacha Movement: History and Effects In Russia
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

It's a good idea. Some people have done some of this, or are in the process:

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Tech-firm-Good-Eggs-focuses-on-local-foods-3735266.php

localharvest.org

We use local harvest in our area and it works well. We're creating our own
local database though that is more robust and will offer stuff like free
mulch, organic waste stream, rainwater catchment, etc. Everything linked
urban food growing/processing/distribution.

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition
www.meetup.com/createclearwater