permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture standards.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ChildrensPeaceGuild <childrenspeaceguild@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture standards.
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 01:19:32 -0700 (PDT)

Great points!

A few years ago after an actress mentioned it on a talk show the word
"permaculture" had a buzz to it. Naturally, there were some mixed feelings.
I think what worries me about permaculture becoming trendy is that a trend,
by definition, is temporary.
I am all for getting the word out to as many people as possible, but if the
context is wrong (for example, if the messenger is worth $15 million) will it
negate itself?

Once commercialized will mainstream people think they can "do permaculture"
and still wear a $5,000 dress?
Could permaculture ever become greenwashed and lumped in with psuedo-green
consumerism?

You've certainly given us lots to ponder.
Thanks.

-Roman
Children's Permaculture Guild