permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Major Victory for family farmers, sustainable agriculture: Food Safety Bill Passes with Family Farm Protections

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jamesdavid Sneed <harvestcircle@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Major Victory for family farmers, sustainable agriculture: Food Safety Bill Passes with Family Farm Protections
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:44:30 -0800

I think it would help all concerned if anyone who knows how to locate a copy
of what actually passed the senate, with amendments, could let us know where
to read it. It has changed so much over the year that many of us may be
debating moot points, or conversely, may not realize how dangerous that (or
any) legislation really is. It is a pain in the ass to read entire bills, but
since it is obvious that those in congress don't read before they vote, we
really need to take that time.
One thing I do know is this: It doesn't matter a whit if republicans or
democrats control any house or branch of government. Corporate greed via
lobbying transcends all lines, blue, red, green or whatever. Labels become
indistinct as soon as we apply them, and thus obscure the truth.