permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Major Victory for family farmers, sustainable agriculture: Food Safety Bill Passes with Family Farm Protections

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John & Maia O'Brien" <johnandmaia@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Major Victory for family farmers, sustainable agriculture: Food Safety Bill Passes with Family Farm Protections
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:08:39 -0800

The devil is in the details. The site you offered a link to (thanks) lists
18 amendments with "no information available" under each amendment.

The much touted Tester amendment makes or breaks organic/sustainable ag. As
well, if paperwork must be submitted documenting reason for exemption, and
then each acted upon, that's no fix at all.

Don't celebrate anything yet. IMHO, the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

John O'Brien