permaculture - Re: [permaculture] new permaculture news website -Sebastien Bacharach

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] new permaculture news website -Sebastien Bacharach
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:44:02 -0400

On 6/23/2010 12:16 PM, Christophe McKeon wrote:

the whole point of even having an RSS feed is precisely so that the content
can be aggregated by *anybody* who wants to aggregate it. if you have a blog
and you are generating an RSS feed then you are by fiat encouraging sites
like permienews to aggregate your content. that is why RSS exists in the
first place.

Who cares? I don't give a damn whether he does this or not, he can link to anyting I have any time he wants. Based on his grandiose appeal for help with his site I wanted to caution people about going to any trouble on his behalf. It appears that he gives little or no credit to the authors of the resources he links to or provides basic information about them either. This approach takes little or no work on his part and I see no reason why he should be rewarded with any help from others.

if you don't want your content aggregated then you shouldn't have an RSS
feed. it's kind of like standing in the street with a sign that says free
stuff, and then calling the cops when somebody takes the free stuff.

Everyone already knows this and noone providing RSS feeds cares who uses them.