permaculture - Re: [permaculture] new permaculture news website -Sebastien Bacharach

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Christophe McKeon <polypus74@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] new permaculture news website -Sebastien Bacharach
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:15:11 -0700

> Who cares? I don't give a damn whether he does this or not, he can link
> to anything I have any time he wants. Based on his grandiose appeal for
> help with his site I wanted to caution people about going to any trouble
> on his behalf.

he was just asking for links to good feeds, and announcing what he thought
would be well received. i just can't see it as grandiose.

> It appears that he gives little or no credit to the
> authors of the resources he links to or provides basic information about
> them either. This approach takes little or no work on his part and I see
> no reason why he should be rewarded with any help from others.

it's true, nothing revolutionary, just a web based aggregator, and a few
days worth of work (w/o compensation). i might just subscribe to his
feed though, that way i can read all the good content from all
you guys/gals who write it.

here's another aggregator i read every day. it's incredibly useful and i
have
become familiar with many new sites/authors through it that i wouldn't
otherwise
have known about:

http://www.energybulletin.net

> > if you don't want your content aggregated then you shouldn't have an RSS
> > feed. it's kind of like standing in the street with a sign that says free
> > stuff, and then calling the cops when somebody takes the free stuff.
>
> Everyone already knows this and noone providing RSS feeds cares who uses
> them.

i don't doubt you do lawrence, but it's not clear everybody does: "And no,
he shouldn't be able to take someone else's content, twist it into something
it isn't, without permission."

although i fail to see any twisting involved.

_c