permaculture - Re: [permaculture] new permaculture news website -Sebastien Bacharach

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] new permaculture news website -Sebastien Bacharach
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:35:30 -0400

On 6/23/2010 11:11 AM, Jim Helwig wrote:
It appears to me that Sebastien does give credit. He lists the sites
by name and sends you directly to the site to view the actual
articles/posts. I assume this uses standard RSS technology. I am
confused as to what people see as offensive about this.

Maybe this will enable you to understand whi his presentation of others
resources is deficient and lacking in credit to them:

Here's mine:

Venaura Farm
Punk Rock Permaculture E-zine 06/23/2010
thefarmblog.org: News and Views from The Farm 06/23/2010
18 Saughton Mains 06/23/2010

This is entirely from a RSS feed of one of my blogs.
It does not mention me, or any description of my blog
or any of the real blog content (funny he had such a grandiose
list of requirements for him to _consider_ listing anyone's site
when he presents or gives credit to so little of it).
It is simply a link to my blog and to each new blog post.

There's nothing unique or particularly useful about his site.
Also his lack of giving adequate credit to the creators of the resources he lists is a major flaw and yes, he could build his site then sell it to someone who would subvert its content. This is why I suggested not submitting resources for him to include in his site.
The thing is that sites like his are a dime a dozen, just Google a while and you will see all sorts of sites linking to other sites,
with or without credits.

His original request for help seemed to indicate a serious project in the works but not so. I see that was his only post to this list.