permaculture - Re: [permaculture] new permaculture news website

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith D Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] new permaculture news website
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:05:26 -0400 (EDT)

After reading this about Sebastian I have nothing but gratitude and
appreciation for his work in the service of a regenerative relocalized
culture. He sounds like the kind of ally any smart Permie would enjoy knowing
and I feel we should welcome him with open arms. An apology may be in order...

Highlights of Qualifications:

* Long-term interest in and commitment to sustainable ways of living,
organic waste management and Eco-Logical agriculture.
* Over six years of experience with various non-profits and community
organizations.
* Expert in small and mid-scale composting systems and techniques.
* Permaculture Design Certificate and Teachers’ Training.
* Good communication and customer service skills.
* Comfortable in team environment and diverse cultural settings.
* Hard worker, fast learner, willing and able to assume responsibility.

Professional Experience:
Teaching

* Three years teaching organic gardening, composting and sustainable
living practices to adults and children. Leading hands-on workshops, field
trips, classes and presentations.

Management / Administration

* Three years managing the residential organic waste management program
on behalf of the city of San Francisco.
* Planning, implementing, administering and managing all programs of the
San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners’ Education Department and Garden for
the Environment.
* Preparing all departmental reports, including billings, monthly and
annual reports, and budget forecasting.
* Developing fundraising proposals to maintain and expand department
programs.
* Supervising and motivating a team of twelve volunteers in all aspects
of the smooth running of Aller-Retour, a non-profit organization dedicated to
cultural exchange.
* Co-founding and organizing of Permaculture San Francisco.
* Over two years providing customer service, sales and executive
administrative support in travel and tourism.
* Negotiating with artists, performers and venue owners, and making
detailed arrangements in events production and planning.

Web Design

* Designing websites using open-source, content management systems (CMS),
mainly with Drupal.
* Visit sebastienbacharach.com.

Gardening / Landscaping

* Designing and implementing an organic, family kitchen garden in
Southern France.
* Designing and implementing a “food forest” at St. Mary’s Youth Farm in
San Francisco, CA.
* Over three years working on small organic farms and homesteads in
Australia, California and Canada.

Relevant Employment History:

* Nov 2008 – Present Self-Employed, Web Design and Personal Assistant
for small businesses, Perth, Ontario
* Nov 2007 – Jun 2008 Lunch Cook, Amy’s Bakery Arts Cafe, Brattleboro,
Vermont
* Apr 2005 – Sep 2007 Worker / Apprentice on small organic farms and
homesteads in California, Ontario and Quebec
* Aug 2003 – Mar 2005 Director, Garden for the Environment, San
Francisco, California
* Jun 2002 – Jul 2003 Education Department Director, San Francisco
League of Urban Gardeners, San Francisco, California
* May 2001 – Sep 2001 Assistant Manager, Le Caravanserail Restaurant,
Paris, France
* Mar 2000 – Jun 2000 Executive Administrator, Ackhome International
Accomodation Service, Paris, France
* Apr 1999 – Feb 2000 Kitchen Manager, Mocha Beans Café, Salthill,
Ireland
* Mar 1995 – May 1998 President / Founder, Aller-Retour non-profit
organization, Paris, France
* Sep 1993 – Mar 1995 Executive Administrative Assistant, Images Du
Monde Voyages, Paris, France

Education and Skills:

* Permaculture Teachers’ Training, Ocean Song, California (August 2004)
* Gardening and Composting Educator Certificate, San Francisco League of
Urban Gardeners (Spring 2002)
* Permaculture Design Certificate, Permaculture Research Institute,
Australia (March 2001)
* French equivalent to Bachelor of Arts in Travel and Tourism (June 1993)
* Bilingual in French and English, good level of Spanish
* Familiarity with consensus decision making and Non-Violent Communication
* Proficiency with Word, Excel and Internet Explorer, experience with
Dreamweaver 8