permaculture - [permaculture] Here is one way to make Miso Soup..

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LINDARAY@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Here is one way to make Miso Soup..
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:17:10 +0000

Hi Jeff,

I was taught to make Miso soup years ago by folks who ate it all the time and
what they told me was, "Mix it with water and simmer iton low heat, keep
cooking it and stirring it off and on until you're ready to eat it."

Since then, that's the method I have used. Add seaweed or whatever else you
want to the broth while you simmer.

Miso comes in the form of red, white, yellow, brown, 1-year, 2-year aged,
etc. Each age and color has a different taste, so IMHO try diffeent ones
before you decide across-the-board about Miso in general. The white tastes
very different from the brown.

White Miso blended with herbs and oil with Bragg's Organic apple cider
vinegar also makes a great salad dressing, or a sauce for brown rice..

PS: Some folks cannot eat Soy unless it is the 2-year aged variety, so YMMV
and don't take it personally if you're one of them..

Stay well,

Linda :)