permaculture - [permaculture] PCNutrition- Ref Rhodiola, Reducing Salt Intake, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LINDARAY@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] PCNutrition- Ref Rhodiola, Reducing Salt Intake, etc.
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 19:11:43 +0000

Hi Larry,

I have concentrated on the study of herbs for most of my life, I'm really
glad to read of your interest in them as well- From what I have already read
of your posts, it doesn't surprise me one bit; I'm also an avid (dry-pack)
food storage and chef-type person <VBG>.

Anyway, Rhodiola is an herb which is useful for recovery from Adrenal fatigue
(I found that out after I no longer needed it), and I just wanted to offer my
experience ref salt:

I used to crave salt particularly, but also fat (Butter especially, also
Olive oil, etc.). For many years I craved fat and salt, and during those
years I tried various kinds of so-called sea salt, interspersed with periods
of Iodized table salt (Morton Brand).

Then I discovered Sole, which is a saturated aqueous solution of Celtic Sea
Salt. I began using the liquid Sole while cooking.

After several months of using Sole exclusively, I noticed that I no longer
craved salt. I have used Celtic Sole almost exclusively since then..

I discovered last year that craving for fat and salt are apparently earmarks
of Adrenal Fatigue.

I use the Coarse Light Gray Celtic Sea Salt to make Sole. I decant the Sole
into a squirt bottle which sits by my stove.
Mineral- and trace mineral-rich, I recommend this Celtic Sea salt highly.

(Note: I do not have any affiliation with the Celtic co, other than liking
their salt)

Stay well,

Linda :)
-------------- Original message from "Lawrence F. London, Jr."