permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Cops and Former Secret Service Agents Ran Black Ops on Green Groups

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Cops and Former Secret Service Agents Ran Black Ops on Green Groups
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:34:35 -0400

Harmon Seaver wrote:
Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Tom wrote:

Personally I'd just like to be left alone to create my little permaculture homestead, planting stuff and enjoying the abundance that life and nature can provide and trying to leave the place better than I found it,

Amen II

but I wonder how long before permaculture is considered outright subversive and threatening to the corporatist status quo and targeted as such?

Don't worry about it. Leave all that to the trolls.

I don't know about that -- it's not such a far-fetched idea. I can't
recall exactly, but isn't there some effort being made right now by the
USDA or FDA to enact regulations that would curtail local farmer's
markets?? And look at Monsanto's buying up all the seed companies all
over -- that's extremely frightening.

Of course all that is true but its better to get on with your work and not
worry about such things.

> recall exactly, but isn't there some effort being made right now by the
> USDA or FDA to enact regulations that would curtail local farmer's markets

What that is about is provision in the Homeland Security Act that mandates
that each State
(probably its agriculture department) control and regulate every farmers
market in the state.
I hear that this has already happened in Oregon. It may take a while for it
to be implemented in each state but it may
well be coming.

As for Monsanto, it is best that alternate seed sources be established, traded with and kept in business. Also seed saving and seed swapping groups.