permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Cops and Former Secret Service Agents Ran Black Ops on Green Groups

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tom <tom@honeychrome.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Cops and Former Secret Service Agents Ran Black Ops on Green Groups
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:40:58 -0400

Occasionally of late, to give myself a little break from reading about plants and permie stuff I'll take in some light history or politics... Just read Naomi Wolfs "The End of America." Nothing new in the book in terms of scandals, outrages or smoking guns, but when the actions and events of the past several years are presented in a broader historical context it is pretty frightening. Personally I'd just like to be left alone to create my little permaculture homestead, planting stuff and enjoying the abundance that life and nature can provide and trying to leave the place better than I found it, but I wonder how long before permaculture is considered outright subversive and threatening to the corporatist status quo and targeted as such?