permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement; quarter acre in size

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement; quarter acre in size
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 23:06:01 -0400

Kenneth Benway wrote:

Lawrence
I appreciate your reply. I agree that the Permaculture Institute
(Bill Mollison) should be the gateway for Permaculture.com. Has anyone
asked DB to relinquish that domain name to the institute?

I don't know but someone should make the effort to pursuade Blume to give it
to Bill.
For my money Blume's work in PC seems to have generated a mindset among his
following
that Mollison's approach and teachings should be replaced with something more
in alignment with
their approach to PC. I have heard such things as teaching about water, soil,
plants, climate, ecology, etc etc
in a PC design curriculum is not worthwhile and that such things as
permaculture schools, political parties,
and the like are much more important.
If people do not know how to maintain their own footprint, become independent and self sufficient and grow their own food and live and eat in a healthy way then they will be lost. These are things that need to be taught in a PC design course and how to do them cooperatively with others and build communities from a local or neighborhood level to a global
one.

Actually I'm
not sure that dot coms are as important as they are made out to be. What

Until you need one and can't get the one you want.

concerns me more here is that since we all know that Permaculture is
simply the fastest way out of our global mess and that cooperation not
competition is one of Permaculture's hallmarks perhaps our work would be
best served by not wasting time attacking each other when we have such
important work to accomplish and so little time to do it. I think both

You are exactly right. There is a critical mass of work to be done and a multiplicity of projects every one can participate in wherever they are.

Bill M, David H and DB would agree with that. Putting principles before personalities is something that would move our mission forward more
effectively.

They would.

Ken Benway
Arcadian Design
St Petersburg, Fl

Do you know of Dan and Cynthia Hemenway of Yankee Permaculture in Florida?

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm