permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement; quarter acre in size

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kenneth Benway" <ken@arcadiandesign.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Definition of area measurement; quarter acre in size
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 20:59:42 -0400

Lawrence
I appreciate your reply. I agree that the Permaculture Institute
(Bill Mollison) should be the gateway for Permaculture.com. Has anyone
asked DB to relinquish that domain name to the institute? Actually I'm
not sure that dot coms are as important as they are made out to be. What
concerns me more here is that since we all know that Permaculture is
simply the fastest way out of our global mess and that cooperation not
competition is one of Permaculture's hallmarks perhaps our work would be
best served by not wasting time attacking each other when we have such
important work to accomplish and so little time to do it. I think both
Bill M, David H and DB would agree with that. Putting principles before
personalities is something that would move our mission forward more
effectively. Regardless of the history behind David Blume, based on what
I've seen about his work I certainly would not characterize him as a foe
of the Permaculture movement.
Maybe it's time for an exercise in conflict resolution. Our work cannot
afford to become fragmented.
Sincerely,
Ken Benway
Arcadian Design