permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Hardy Kiwi cultivar availability/hardiness -- anyone know this cultivar?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul d'Aoust <paul@heliosville.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Hardy Kiwi cultivar availability/hardiness -- anyone know this cultivar?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:10:53 -0700

When you say 'self-fertile', do you mean true-to-parent, or monoecious?
because I'm under the understanding that all kiwis are dioecious.

oh, wait. Wikipedia says some Actinidae are monoecious:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actinidia

oh, wait again. This website says A. arguta is one of the dioecious
ones:

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/hardy-kiwifruit.html

hope I confused matters some :-)

Paul d'Aoust