permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Charlie Rose Show || Exploring the Science of Living Longer 3/29/2007 - typo correction

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Charlie Rose Show || Exploring the Science of Living Longer 3/29/2007 - typo correction
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:29:20 -0400

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Fascinating show tonight, panel discussion on current longevity research and
prospects
for life extension in the future; topics included, to name just a few:

resveritrol and other substances to extend aging while reducing the incidence
of disease

Typo:

resveritrol and other substances to increase longevity while reducing the
incidence of disease

[resveritrol is considered beneficial as it activates "circuens" (spelling?)
which in turn
enable our anti-aging genes]

the anti-aging gene

They exist.

calorie-restricted diet

Example: harvest is good, we eat up, procreate and pass on our anti-aging
genes to our offspring
harvest is bad so we eat less and wait for next round to procreate; meanwhile
we conserve physical resources
and protect ourselves through infection-fighting mechanism activation and antioxidant release during imposed calorie-restrictive dieting

the need for greater funding for longevity research
the great promise for the future for life extension and disease reduction
resulting from amazing discoveries
made in longevity research and possibilities for so many more in the near
future
telomeres and cell division

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.