permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Pet wastes....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Kosuth <prkosuth@ll.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Pet wastes....
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:55:35 -0500

with our 4 indoor rabbits, who are not the best litter box users, I just dump what I sweep up into the compost along with the paper that Charlie uses. I would put the wood pellets from the litter boxes into the compost as well but the two cats use all the boxes not just their own. I did hear somewhere that cat and dog scat attracts other vermin and is best not to use in the compost but the rabbit waste is fine and it can also be applied directly to the garden. It may have something to do with being meat eaters verses veg.

paul k