permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Pet wastes....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Pet wastes....
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 14:01:47 -0700

"It may have something to do with being meat eaters verses veg."

It has everything to do with that. Reprocessed plant material is benign. Much
of the world cooks with cow dung, or used to. All it is is matted grass and a
bit of microbial goo. The fire is pleasant smelling.

So are you saying that wastes from vegan humans would be safe to use? I will check the humanure handbook, but I thought it had more to do with the different digestive systems of ruminants and small furry herbivores, than with the inputs.