permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Life Cycle Analysis Water Tanks

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kelly Finigan" <kfinigan@spots.ca>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Life Cycle Analysis Water Tanks
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:18:00 -0700

I agree with John - ferrocement would be MUCH better here. The only better
one may be a wood stave tank (swells up tight when wet)...entirely renewable
and no (unless you use power saws) energy use or GHG created.

Another option is a large plastic bag (like used in the food industry for
making wine etc), but I find I can detect a "plastic" taste when I drink
from plastic...

ciao,
Kelly

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:32:47 +1000, darren wrote