permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Life Cycle Analysis Water Tanks

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: <john@eco-living.net>, "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Life Cycle Analysis Water Tanks
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:32:47 +1000

Hello John,

I trust that this greets you and all well.

I was being flippant about the strawbale idea - though it appears that
you have come across some examples of low tech water storages - could
you please share the links if you can remember them.

Agree on the FC Tank analysis - in situ construction would likely
outperform the others in the comparison.

Interesting that these great resource companies would use this type of
justification for their product where they are get beaten up by the HDPE
water tank brigade here in Australia in the sub 100000 litre market.
Interestingly the cheapest (retail) tanks/per litre of water stored are
the plastic lined steel walled tanks - such as those produced by Pioneer
Tanks.

Cheers,

Yours and Growing,

Darren J. Doherty
Applied Diploma of Permaculture Design, (Education, Site Design, System
Establishment & Implementation) Permaculture Institute (1995)
Permaculture Design Certificate, Permaculture Institute (1993, 1995,
2001)
Whole Farm Planning Certificate (Train the Trainer), University of
Melbourne (1995)
permaculture designer @ permaculture.biz
a. 103 Casey St, East Bendigo, Victoria, Australia, 3550
p. 613 5444 1068
f. 613 5444 0621
m. 0148 254 605
e. darren@permaculture.biz