permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Life Cycle Analysis Water Tanks

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Life Cycle Analysis Water Tanks
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:43:14 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

> Doing some research for a client and came across this article from
> Bluescope Steel (formerly BHP). Anyone making strawbale water tanks!?!
>
> Rain Water Tanks - Life Cycle Analysis
> <http://www.bluescopesteel.com.au/redirect.cfm?LinkID=2800>
> http://www.bluescopesteel.com.au/redirect.cfm?LinkID=2800
>
> Anyone making strawbale water tanks - plastic lined?!?

Following their model, I'm guessing that a built-in-place ferrocement tank
would outperform them all in a similar analysis. Certainly much less
cement, sand and steel, assuming they are talking about a massive type
cast concrete tank rather than ferrocement.

Wattle and clay tanks maybe instead of strawbale and plastic liner...I
once found some info and pictures online for some traditionally made ones
in Africa...

- Eco-Living -
Whole Systems Design Services
People - Place - Learning - Integration