permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Web and business lookups (was Re: New name for Landand Liberty)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Web and business lookups (was Re: New name for Landand Liberty)
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:56:25 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <rob@zedspace.com>
To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 12:33 PM
Subject: [permaculture] Web and business lookups (was Re: New name for
Landand Liberty)

> Be careful when using register.com - I've had several experiences of
looking up a domain name here and the next time I tried it had been
registered. Some of these companies monitor or sell the list of names that
people are enquiring about. So if its available and you want it, buy it
stright away. I've used domainwhitepages.com with no problems though.

I've used G-Net Online who are based down the road in Hockley, and friends
with the secretary of our local Organic Gardeners group... They've always
been very straightforward & helpful.

> As far as looking up names for businesses and voluntary groups, you can
use companies house (www.companieshouse.gov.uk) to look up any uk company,
and the patent office (http://www.patent.gov.uk) to see if the name you're
thinking of is a registered trade mark. I don't know of any directory of
voluntary groups or worldwide directory of businesses though. You could of
course try google :)

thanks Rob, exactly what I was looking for, and looks like I'm in luck
(nothing registered so far...)

> Incidentally, is you name change related to the Land & Liberty magazine -
I hope they paid you well!

Urm, lets just say we're in friendly negotiations at the moment....

Graham www.landandliberty.co.uk (for now....)

---