permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Looking for arracacha, maca & melloco

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Looking for arracacha, maca & melloco
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:39:43 -0700

Nick, Scott said it very well for me. I've known Alan for almost 20 years,
and learned lots about the relationships in the botanical realm along the
way by paying attention to the kinship gardening ideas, but there's
co-evolution of families and phyla to consider too. Pc is about learning
from nature in a different way; on the flip side of the coin, the Dahlgren
system has truly helped me in working out guild relationships when I'm
re-combining ecologies. I used to worry about it all, until Alan started
visiting my gardens, and beaming with delight.

-Rick