permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Announcement about the message archives for this list (good news), previous archives included & archive search engine

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Announcement about the message archives for this list (good news), previous archives included & archive search engine
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:12:46 -0800

mIEKAL aND wrote:

out of curiosity, who started this list?

I did, on server space provided by the Cooperative Extension Service at NCSU,
Raleigh, NC. It was a major computer/networking support facility and they had the hardware, software and personnel necessary to host a number of lists across the US, sanet-mg included. I started there with a sustainable agriculture list called sust_ag. When Steve Diver and number of other sust_ag subscribers expressed interest in permaculture and a permaculture FAQ I had the permaculture list created. When that location was no longer available we moved to Envirolink then to UNC then to ibiblio. Steve Diver and Michael Yount were instrumental in
helping get this list going, many others too as you will see in the archives.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net