permaculture - earthright business? Re: [permaculture] Copyright

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: earthright business? Re: [permaculture] Copyright
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 19:12:25 +0100

Unlike Toby I've self published my books- I'd been doing punk fanzines from
about the age of 16, and self publishing was just the next logical step...
(tho' I don't have to turn the handle of my old Gestetner duplicator
anymore... Or do my own collating, thank goodness...)

Printing is handled by Footprint Workers Co-Op in Leeds who have a strong
ethical/earthcare stance
http://www.cornerstone.ukf.net/crc/footprint/

and my teeshirts are done by Sunrise Screenprint Workshop, again an ethical,
family business who've been mates for years (since the punk days in fact)
http://www.menmuir.org.uk/sunrise/

Distribution is handled by Permanent Publications (who publish Permaculture
Magazine) & Ecologic Books, again both ehical companys.

My business account is with Triodos Bank, who were the most ethical bank I
could find, and who required 'proof' from me that my enterprise was
'ethical' before they'd let me open an account
http://www.triodos.co.uk/

A portion of any money I make goes back into the forest garden project I'm
setting up, and I source the trees for this either locally or from within
the PC community, mainly Phil Corbett's Cool Temperate nursery
http://members.lycos.co.uk/orft/index.htm

So far I'm on target with keeping to the ethics & principles I set out with,
but then again Land & liberty isn't my main source of income and i've got my
'proper' job to fall back on... Not everybody has that luxury & i'd be the
first to admit it...

Cheers for now
Graham
www.landandliberty.co.uk