permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Copyright

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: 1earth permaculture <permaculture1@start.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Copyright
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 15:42:08 +1000

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 17:44, jeff wrote:

> I wonder if our quoting of email messages a copyright violation?

In Australia it is a crime to forward an email or use something on a
website without the author's permission, carrying a five year gaol
term or a $60,000 fine, according to the Digital Agenda Act 2000.

Pretty scary when you consider that two blokes can sit in gaol with
the same sentence - one for armed robbery, the other for forwarding an
email - LOL

Marcus