permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Biogas digester plans

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Biogas digester plans
  • Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:16:31 -0600

Have seen plans from the 70's using two cylindrical tanks, the smaller nested and floating in the larger. A pipe thread is tapped in the top of the rig and enough pressure is generated by the weight of the tank for cooking gas. Of course one would want some kind of flame arrestor in the line to avoid unintended pyrotechnics. Perhaps two units would be better to allow one to work more fully while the other filled? The other models I've seen use rubber or plastic bladders.
Mark