permaculture - Re: Microwaved food

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Pacific Edge Permaculture <pacedge@magna.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Microwaved food
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 12:19:54 +1100

An interesting subject and one on which good scientific evidence (ie
research-based information) is needed before any informed decisions can be
made about the usefulness or health issues os microwave-heated food.

Unfortunately, in issues such as these, especially those around the use of
newer technologies (eg the mobile phone/ radiation health effects issue in
this country), it is often opinion, assumptions and fears which provide the
content of debate rather than reliable information.

In the context on the health and social costs associated with the adoption
of new technologies, it was heartening to see the Australia New Zealand
health authorities making the recent decision to require the labelling of
genetically modified food products in accordance with the wishes of the
Australian and New Zealand population.

Perhaps the Sydney-based website of the Australian Consumers Association
would have some information o this issue-I have not taken a look.

...Russ Grayson

---------------------
PACIFIC EDGE
Permaculture & Media
Russ Grayson and Fiona Campbell

PO Box 446, Kogarah NSW 2217 AUSTRALIA
Phone/ fax 02-9588 6931 (IDD-61+2+9588 6931)
Email: pacedge@magna.com.au
WWW: http://www.magna.com.au/~pacedge/

PERMACULTURE/ COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: permaculture education + Community
Gardens Network (NSW contact) + organic gardening training + overseas
development aid project services.
MEDIA: publication design + desktop publishing services + website design &
content production + journalism/ photojournalism.

Member, Board of Directors, Permaculture International Limited.

Seed Savers conference details and registration form (bookings essential):
http://www.magna.com.au/~pacedge/seeds/