permaculture - Re: Microwaved food

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Microwaved food
  • Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 09:36:55 -0800

(note: this post describes animal experiments, which many find offensive;
just wanted to warn you)

There was an experiment done awhile back in which young kittens were fed
fresh meat, canned meat, or meat that had been cooked in a microwave. All
the kittens fed microwaved food died within 3 months. If I remember
correctly, some of the kittens fed canned meat developed various health
problems, while most of the ones fed fresh meat remained healthy. We have
the reference tucked away somewhere.

Humans obviously are more robust, but this would suggest that microwaved
food either lacks important nutrients, or contains some toxin(s).

Toby