permaculture - Re: Water Catchment Walls

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Yaya Balinci" <yaya@telus.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Water Catchment Walls
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 01:08:10 -0800

<snip>A study conducted by our local University on rainwater tank quality
found
the best quality water came from a colourbond gal-iron roof stored in
cement water tanks.
<snip>

Awesome news. Thank You. My intuition always liked cement as far as holding
water was concerned. The material itself still raises some questions as far
as sustainability go. I am curious to find out if the Roman's really did use
hemp stone for their water aquifers. This would be the sustainable solution
to cement. By the way, what is "colourbond gal-iron roof"? Is this a room
made of iron? Is this heavy if it is?
Yours simply,
Yaya