permaculture - Pressure Treated

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charland, Stacy (NIGMS)" <CHARLANS@nigms.nih.gov>
  • To: "'permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu'" <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Pressure Treated
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:39:38 -0400

Hi folks;

We are currently purchasing some land, and we will need to install some
fencing.
I have been looking for non-pressure treated fence posts, but most folks
selling
fence posts seem to think I am crazy for wanting them, and don't carry them
(black locust, cedar, osage orange). I thought that you couldn't use treated
posts if you plan to be certified organic, but a number of folks on another
list
(grazing list) seem to think treated fence posts are not a problem for organic
certification.

Anybody on this list know the story? Any assistance is appreciated!

Stacy Charland
Stacy_Charland@nih.gov
Bethesda, Maryland USA