percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Hi from new member

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Dr. John Creech, Jr." <pharmboycu AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Hi from new member
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 12:21:10 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Jim!

Thank you for the kind welcome! It's tough to pick a favorite, but right now
that would have to be Lancelot. At least until I pick up Love In The Ruins
and catch up with the reading program. (Can you imagine if there actually
was a Lapsometer?!?!)

How about you, Jim, and everyone else too? Favorite Percy novel? I came to
Percy through Shelby Foote and, though some may consider this a bit
heretical, I think Percy to be a better writer. (Maybe I think that because
I'm learning that my views also align with the Christian existentialists?)

I'm making plans to head down to St. Francisville for the 2017 Walker Percy
Weekend. I'm sure it will be a blast and I look forward to making some new
friends there.