percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Lit Crit on Percy - Where to Start?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Rufus McCain" <korrektiv AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Lit Crit on Percy - Where to Start?
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:11:53 -0800

Jeff,

Thanks for reviving the slumbering Percy-L.

I wrote a master's thesis on Percy which you can find reproduced at http://www.korrektiv.org/1990/12/needles-eye-walker-percys-conception-of.html.  I haven't really kept up on Percy criticism since then, but I read everything that was available at the time and two books particularly stood out.

1. Critical Essays on Walker Percy (J. Donald Crowley, ed.)
2. The Fiction of Walker Percy (John Hardy)

Anything by Lewis Lawson or John Desmond will be quite excellent as well.

Happy reading,
Rufus McCain
Spokane WA