percy-l - RE: [percy-l] gay marriage

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Parlin, Steven" <PARLINS AT culver.org>
  • To: "'Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion'" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [percy-l] gay marriage
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:48:13 -0500

Touche'
But, then...neither would it be proper to impute to Walker an ex post facto tolerance of gay marriage...  (although, in so far as he gave ascent to the teachings of the RC Church, "grave immorality" is more likely the case).

Steve

btw: When in discussions, neither do I use expressions like "gravely immoral". Even though this is my conviction, people bristle, square off and eventually stop listening. One has to be more diplomatic and creative in their discourse... and though i fail miserably (i know i'm an ass), I try to take my cues from WP.