pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:19:03 -0700

I'd like to hear what Scott and Chad have to say about any/all of us heading
out on our own
to seek any possible sources of funding. I don't have a lot of time to put
into this
(and not on anyone's payroll) but I have a few ideas about local
organizations that are usually very heavily involved in
grant writing for projects they are involved in or to seek money to disburse
to other group's prjects.
Its a long shot but worth looking into.

Maybe John S. would fly us all out Hiwahee to donate our time working off his wages helping build another ferrocement structure at his encampment, with looooong lunchbreak luaus on the beach frolicing in the sun, drinking pineapple nectar, eating grilled seafood and organic cornpones. Sound OK?

...... dirtfarmer out

Any and all suggestions are fair game on fundraising. It has gotten a little difficult with a lot of non-profit money going to Tsunami and New Orleans relief.

I agree with Lawrance that once we have something on line to show we will have better chance at getting the funding we need. What amount are we talking about, and how much longer will this project take? Seems the Rockafellow Brothers foundation in Arkansas would be prime candidates since they are big Ag funders.

Scott
begin:vcard
fn:Scott  Pittman
n:Pittman;Scott