pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 19:32:01 -1000

Aloha,

A serious proposal here:

Once PIW is online as you proposed and open for business wouldn't it then be
reasonable
to send out solicitations for direct funding or assistance in acquiring
funding.
I can think of 2 or 3 non profits in my area we could send requests for
assistance
in finding and getting development money we need. They could get the grant
themselves
and disbures funds directly to thos on the payroll or send payments
(incremental or
the full amount of the grant) to PCI/Scott for disbursement. Maybe there
would not be
a problem having grant money pass through two hands before it gets paid out
in wages.

Would depend on the grantors...they have to be OK with use of funds or they're not going to grant them.

In any case it's fine by me to pursue this and see if it works.

cheers,