pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Threshold Grant Accounting
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 13:18:51 -0600

Scott Pittman writes:

> Regarding Bear's post: As far as I'm concerned you should send me an
> invoice for your time, unless there are some objections out there.

It turned ugly again outside (will continue for the next couple of
days) so I'm back in front of the computer again. Bear getting paid
is what I was recommending earlier as well, so of course I'm there.
While on the subject of money... I think the biggest thing holding
this project back from being done quickly is money. I would
guestimate that I make less than $3/hr if I counted all the time I
spend on this project. Like I said in the report it is hard to give
such a low paying prospect a lot of priority over things that are
either more important or higher paying. The difference is that it's
fun and something I believe in. Don't really have any suggestions
other than keep eyes open for more funding opportunities.

Also about using the remain funding I think it would be good to get
submit estimated budgets for continuing work and get group approval
for them... like John S. did recently. As I said earlier, my proposal
is to move the current version on dev to live. This will involve a
lot of cosmetic changes, minor bug fixes as they occur, some end user
documentation and copyleft agreements, etc... My billable time will
be less than 20 hours. After this I or someone would announce *open
for business* on the permaculture list. Ok with folks? I hope so,
cause I already started;-)

Cheers,
Chad