pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] GBI

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] GBI
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:37:47 -1000

Aloha,

One addition to the UI would be the ablity to surf the nodes, by clicking and thereby changing the view to the nearby relations of a node. So it's more of a graph browser then the static graph you see now.

Yeah, I've seen those, that's what I was thinking - in fact that's what I thought would happen when I clicked on a node and moved it... :-)

RDF queries would allow one to restrict a request to only the consumes and consumedBy relations, out 2 levels from x organism quite easily. Or one might want only the relations dealing with habitat, or uses, etc.

Yeah, sounds useful!

cheers,