pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] BBC NEWS | Technology | Wikipedia tightens online rules

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] BBC NEWS | Technology | Wikipedia tightens online rules
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:35:40 -0500

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

John Seigenthaler is on NPR's Talk Of The Nation show right now, discussing
the entry made about him in Wikipedia.
At least he has this opportunity for access to good PR with which he can
exonerate himself.

.... and Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia, who said that they can and will
always purge the revision histories
of all offensive submissions (my words).

I didn't know that Wikipedia had, in part, turned into a nasty BBS
(electrobulletinboardservice)
for whiners, those sans alife and other malcontents and misfits intent on
dominating someone else's podium with their
radical political and social views of what they see as the world.