pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Compleated Bugs

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Compleated Bugs
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:42:27 +0100

John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha,

Not quite sure what you mean by "regression in next build".

This seems to indicate that we need a list of "things to check"
with each build. Is this the general idea? Keep the bug in system so we can review it later?

This is how the basic dev/test cycle works:

Developer(s) release a build.
Tester(s) test the build.
Bugs are found and entered against that specific build.
Developer(s) try to find and fix open bugs - in development code, *not* in any release code!
When a developer has made a fix, they set the bug status to 'resolved' and assign it back to the tester who entered it.
When the next build is released, the tester goes through all bugs marked 'resolved' and assigned to them and then "regresses" them (tries to reproduce them again) in the new build.
If fixed, tester closes bug.
If not fixed, tester sets status back to open and assigns back to developer to try again in next build.

Now I understand!

I am gathering that I need to hustle to the extent possible on getting testing How-To info linked on the testing page on the wiki...

Yep, that would be great. A page on issue tracker usage, explaining all the different catagories could be good as well.