pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Compleated Bugs

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Compleated Bugs
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:52:12 +0100

John Schinnerer "PIW Tracker" wrote:

John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net> added the comment:

When you claim to have resolved a bug, also assign it back to the creator for
regression in next build.

----------
assignedto: pyg -> pfafrich

Not quite sure what you mean by "regression in next build".

This seems to indicate that we need a list of "things to check"
with each build. Is this the general idea? Keep the bug in system so we can review it later?

I've now put a page on wiki
http://www.permaculture.info/wiki/index.php?n=Main.Testing
which starts to list things worth testing for.

(I do a similar thing with another project I'm working on. There
I have a test suite which I run after changing the code.
If any of the test fail then I have a problem to fix, before release.

I liked this page
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/
which shows what failed in each of the builds, in a project.
Some are quite suprising, for build I20050417
25 compilation erros 291 compilation warnings
0 junit test errors 10412 API violations
329 API's without unit test.