pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] 0.2.0 - AKA Functional Spec basis

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] 0.2.0 - AKA Functional Spec basis
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:13:32 -0700

Thanks for getting this started, Rich!

-Johns asked, "So - is anyone here up for dealing these sorts of
organizational issues?" Once again, if I knew more about managing
software development, I'd be glad to. Considering my limited experience,
is there any way I can help with this process?

-Johns wrote, "I would like to hear from Stephanie on this, and, I would
guess that at some point this will bite us in the backside when some
promising and otherwise supportive funder(s) see that we really haven't
done our most basic groundwork/homework and can't even provide documents
clearly indicating what the heck we're actually planning to do, or when,
or how. If this were a business venture, we wouldn't have a snowball's
chance in hell of getting any investors with no specs, no organizational
structure, no nothing formal to present. Why would grantors accept
less?" I completely agree. Which is why I've been antsy to get this
done.

So, can everyone please edit/contribute to what Rich has started on the
wiki? And then what? Should I/someone put it into some other format
(i.e. CVS)?

Thanks for all the hard work everyone,
*Stephanie