pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] Wiki Usage was Re: 0.2.0 - AKA Functional Spec basis

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] Wiki Usage was Re: 0.2.0 - AKA Functional Spec basis
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:39:30 +0100

Stephanie Gerson wrote:
So, can everyone please edit/contribute to what Rich has started on the wiki? And then what? Should I/someone put it into some other format (i.e. CVS)?

Yes indeed, please do. Thats the big plus point of a wiki in that
it allows us all to edit and make changes to the text in the wiki.

Basics of using wiki:
1) Find the page you want to edit.
2) Click on the Edit Page link
3) Type
4) Put your name in the Author field at the bottom, so we know who did what.
5) Press save when you done.

Formatting of text is fairtly straightforward.

For heading use ! at the start of a line e.g.
---------------
! Big Heading
!! Section Heading
!!! Small Heading
--------------
For paragraphs, just an empty line:
--------------
First paragraph

Second paragraph
--------------
For lists use * or #
--------------
* Bulleted list
** Second level bullet
# Numbered list
--------------

For links to other pages in the wiki use [[Main/Spec]] e.g.
------------
[[Main/Spec]] link to spec page.
-----------
Note its important to have the Main in there.

Links to pages outside the wiki
[[http://www.permaculture.info]]

To add a page, first add a wiki style link [[Main/NewPage]] in an existing page, then click on the link and it should take you straight to edit mode.

Thats about it! If you want to have a pratice before adding

Thres a few other fancy features, shown at bottom of edit page and also in the tips for editing link. Bold and italic don't seem to work.

As for CVS, I've only just got access, so nothing there yet. You will need ibiblio logins and permisions for read/write access to the piw
group. I'd like to make sure everyone has access to this before putting some stuff there.