pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Re: [piw] Information I would like to see

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Re: [piw] Information I would like to see
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 21:17:10 -0800

"We can keep them at PIW, as long as we credit the
usda. Other sites will post similar requirements, but
USDA is government run, so this is more expected.
Also, the USDA, nor anyone, has a copyright on the
scientific names of plants. Most of this is public
domain in the first place."

Actually, Bear and I joked recently about having absolutely no content,
and instead having PIW be more of a node in the web of already existing
information. Using RDF (or what Sean described) to find what users are
looking for at wherever it lives in cyberspace and simply display it...

don't worry, it was a joke
*s