pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] [synthesis][31][12.19.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][31][12.19.04]
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:24:42 -0800

Super speedy synthesis:

1. I like the educational-screensaver-as-a-fundraiser idea.

2. I hereby declare Bear and Stephanie the heirs of PIW’s UI. All in
favor say aye.

3. Heirs will also examine Groxis and similar endeavors (although I _do_
wish someone were willing to help by doing a comprehensive search for
similar concept-mapping tools/interfaces – Lawrence?)

4. PIW and the various Google engines – what are the various engines and
how do they differ? How would using them help with funding, Lawrence?

5. RDF. Rambunctious Draconian Fairies? Radically Derelict Fondue?
Don’t quite understand, but sounds intriguing. Chad, if you feel
comfortable sticking with what you know for now and exploring this in the
future, that’s fine. I’d be glad to include it in future proposals (why,

would we have to pay for it?).

6. No Chad, I didn’t forget about your X-mas present. If you really want
XML in a nutshell, I’ll tell Santa.

Finally, just wanted to let you know (again?) that I’m taking off on
Thursday and will be without internet access until January 8th. In case
this is the last synthesis of 2004, have a wonderful new year…

peace
and Love!
*Stephanie