pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Domain?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "Permaculture Plant DB project" <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Domain?
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:49:24 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> I own permaculture-online.com but not .net and .org but both of those are
> available for purchase right now.
> I suppose I could buy those also as I have a register.com account and
> could get them right away B4 someone else does, unless that someone is
> one of you all.

Unless we've got a cybersquatter lurking here, I think it will be around
for a bit longer... ;-)
If you want to anyhow, register the .org - and, I'd like to hear from a
few more of us before we commit to a particular domain (and of course we
can always move the whole thing to whatever domain anyhow).

I admit to an irrational bias for short domains, so I like pcdb.org. In
practice though it gets bookmarked and a long dangly domain name is really
not much of an issue.

As for the .net or all the other .* TLDs, I think for now we just need
one...we can always do some in-domain separation with third level, like

database.permaculture-online.org

and so on.

Makes me long for the "old days" when most TLDs were at least a little
indicative of the entity behind them and cybersquatting didn't
exist...sigh...

Design & Technology Services