ocba - [ocba] Honey harvest

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Shadi Cinpinski <shadikaze AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Honey harvest
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 09:13:03 -0400

Planning ahead here for a first harvest- what are the suggestions for must-have equipment? I have 1 hive we hope to harvest from this year and potentially will work up to ~5.
I know a store will sell anything I request, BUT, what is actually needed and do you find most useful? Warming knives or no? Any certain brand of equipment hold up better for you? I have seen kits on websites as well and just curious. I also figured, as with most things, we could make some of these items/ filter systems ourselves if needed.

Thanks for the suggestions and input!

Shadi Ana

--
Shadi Cinpinski,