ocba - Re: [ocba] queens

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Mark Waller <wallermarkw AT gmail.com>
  • To: Randall Austin <ra41717 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>, Orange Co Beekeepers <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] queens
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:51:37 -0400

Thank you all for your quick response and advice. I thought about but am a
little worried, not sure if ought to be, about them raising their own queen
this late in the season. 30 days put it toward the last of sept. Not sure
she will be able to find a couple of GQ looking drones to mate with and be
able to lay enough eggs before resting for winter. Your thoughts?