ocba - [ocba] Birds & the Bees

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Birds & the Bees
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:34:57 -0400

Hot off the presses: research on neonics & yet another serious threat to our
honeybees and other pollinators. This issue goes way beyond honeybees.

Local genetic survivor stock IS our way forward with our bees. Yet again
proof we can not get there with this overused product on the market & being
used by farmers, landscapers & anyone walking into a home store with a debit
card.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/283/1835/20160506

May explain the ever rising percentage of queen supercedures that folks have
seen over the past 5 years.

Poisoned food for thought...

Marty

Sent from my iPhone

  • [ocba] Birds & the Bees, Marty Hanks, 07/27/2016