ocba - [ocba] Urban Hives myth busted

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Urban Hives myth busted
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 14:49:31 -0400

Just wanting to share how our carrboro hives are doing. These are over winter
survivor stock from our treatment free colonies.

Doing splits & getting honey from a community that understands a healthy town
is shared by all. Carrboro has a no spray policy. The tall hive looked the
same last year.

JPEG image

Took 3 slammed supers & left the 4th for them. Got a jar of pickles to boot
from neighbor who canned 35 this year!

2nd hive was busting & ready to split. Brood cycle treatment & bee yard
increases are always a win. Now its time to get sticky

JPEG image

Remainder of tall hive will get split in a week to keep that genetic line
going. I might have to buy more water jars!

Mh

Sent from my iPhone

  • [ocba] Urban Hives myth busted, Marty Hanks, 07/27/2016